- YES, anyone that wants to do the 5k Run or Walk or the FUN Walk needs to be registered, sign a waiver and wear a bib the day of the event.
- Online registration CLOSES on Friday, June 16 at 5 PM
- When you register multiple members using the same CrowdRise Account, only ONE fundraising page is created which shows as ONE box on the Team Page.
- Your members are registered for the event and can be found in your Report Center.
- If you want to see each member with a fundraising page (designated box), you need to register them each with a different CrowdRise Account.
- You can register at Lock 3 on Friday, June 16 from 10 AM - 2 PM or beginning at 7:30 AM on Saturday, June 17
- Price for 5k Run or Walk increases by $5 after 5 PM on June 16
- You can register as a Virtual Participant to run or walk anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you
- Pay a registration fee, create a fundraising page and we’ll mail you an official event shirt, sunglasses and beach ball
- Bibs are assigned and classified by gender and age for purposes of medal placement
- You can transfer your bib number to another participant, but you must do so officially with the ASGA office so that the race results remain accurate
- Medals awarded in a variety of age categories
- Teams of 4 or more - team items including bibs will be bundled for pick up by the team captain or a designated person
- Packets will be alphabetized by the Team Name and LAST name for Individuals
- Individual Participants and Team Captains can pick up packets on Friday, June 16 from 10 AM – 2 PM at Lock 3 or beginning at 7:30 AM on Saturday
- For donations taken offline, please turn your cash into a check
- Checks are made payable to Autism Society of Greater Akron and mailed to 701 S. Main Street, Akron OH 44311
- Use this Donation Form to send to people that want to donate to your team, but don't want to do it online
- Use this Donation Tracking Form to track your donations and confirm your thank you notes
- When donations are received, they will be entered into the system, assigned to your team and you will get an email confirmation
- Donations must be posted online or received at the ASGA Offices by Monday, June 12 to qualify for SWAG - performance shirt, sunglasses and beach ball. Donations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- Donations are accepted at Pre-Registration on Friday at Lock 3 from 10 AM - 2 PM or at Registration on Saturday beginning at 7:30 AM and will apply to Individual and Team fundraising prizes.
- Donations must be posted online or received at the ASGA Offices by July 31, 2017.
- Donations are accepted at Pre-Registration on Friday at Lock 3 from 10 AM - 2 PM or at Registration on Saturday beginning at 7:30 AM. Note: Donations on these days may not qualify for SWAG items. The deadline for SWAG is Monday, June 12 at 5 PM with all donations after that date subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- Prizes will be awarded at the 8th Annual Autism 5k Run & Walk Kick Off Celebration in February, 2018.
- 5k Runners & Walkers receive a performance shirt, sunglasses and beach ball with their registration fee if registered by June 12. Registrations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- FUN Walkers raise $50 to receive a performance shirt and $100 to receive a performance shirt, sunglasses and beach ball
- DEADLINE for fundraising for SWAG is Monday, June 12. Donations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day, but will qualify for Individual and Team fundraising prizes.
- Team Captains should contact ASGA HERE to designate who receives a shirt based on the amount of funds raised
- An example: A team of 4 needs to raise $400 to receive 4 shirts
- You can find parking options HERE
- 5k Run and Walk - mostly flat Akron Streets (2 miles) with one mile on the Towpath, also flat area. START at Lock 3, run North on Main Street. U-Turn at Market to head back South on Main Street. Turn Right on Barges Street cutting into the Towpath. Run one mile North on the Towpath and END at Lock 3.
- One Mile Fun Walk - starts outside of Lock 3, Walk North to Main Street. U-Turn on Market. Turn Right onto Exchange Street. Cut into the Rubber Ducks parking lot and onto the Towpath. END in Lock 3.
EVENT DAY ACTIVITIES
- YES, You can sign up online HERE and you will receive a special MEMBER Button to wear the day of the event as well as special recognition
- You can sign up the day of the event too at the ASGA vendor table
- YES, You can purchase ribbon lanyards, an official race magnet for your car, autism buttons, ribbon keychains, magnets and pins
- 50/50 Raffle by the Akron Pilot Club
- Inflatables by Romp n Stomp
- Resource Fair
- YES, friendly leashed dogs are allowed
- YES, strollers and wagons are permitted - Skateboards and bikes are not
- Course is wheelchair friendly but not ADA approved