#IAmMe Video Series
The Autism Society of Greater Akron (ASGA) is joining the Autism Society of America to collectively advocate for April to be changed from Autism Awareness, to Autism Acceptance Month!
As part of this campaign, we are launching #IAmMe, which seeks to empower individuals with autism by high- lighting strengths as we celebrate differences.
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
The hashtag challenge asks our audience to help us create short videos with the following:
- Create one short video answering the questions listed below.
- Create a short video doing a favorite activity.
- Showcase pride and promote acceptance!
Please adapt to each individual’s ability and support professionals or parents are welcome to help!
Please take a 5 second pause before you answer each question.
- What is your name? (Please include that you are doing this for #IAmMe)
- How does autism relate to you? (self-advocate, parent, etc.)
- What does Autism Acceptance mean to you?
- What do you want people to know about autism?
- What do you like to do out in the community? (i.e., go to church, work, swim, hike, bike, etc. - If possible take a video of you doing this activity)
VIDEO FORMAT & SUBMISSION
Please record all videos in LANDSCAPE or HORIZONTALLY with a neutral or natural background. Email videos to Moriah or text them to 330.719.3811 for editing.
Remember to include the photo release to allow us to share your video!
Thank you for your help!