United Way Campaign
The United Way Worldwide is a nonprofit organization that works with more than 1,200 local United Way offices throughout the country in a coalition of charitable organizations to pool efforts in fundraising and support. The issues the United Way offices focus on are determined locally because communities differ, but the main areas include education, income, and health.
Non-federal employees whose employers partner with a local United Way agency.
Pledge a gift that is automatically deducted from each paycheck.
Sign up during the United Way campaign season. Campaign seasons vary per local office but generally run from mid-August to mid-February. Find your local campaign office HERE.
Participating in the United Way is a simple and convenient “set it and forget it” way to support families living with autism in the Greater Akron community.
While the Autism Society of Greater Akron is not a United Way member agency, we can receive donations through the Donor Choice Program. This program allows employees to direct all or part of their donation to a specific non-member agency. Non-member agencies are not monitored by the United Way, but their tax-exempt status is verified. Follow these steps to support ASGA through the Donor Choice Program:
- Obtain a Donor Choice or Donor Option Form from your employer.
- Specify that your United Way gift should be directed to:
Autism Society of Greater Akron
580 Grant Street
Akron, Ohio 44311
- Indicate on your Donor Choice/Option Form that you would like the Autism Society of Greater Akron to acknowledge your gift.
- If requested, provide the ASGA’s Federal Tax ID# 47-1129984.
- Return your Donor Choice/Option Form and company pledge cards as instructed by your employer.
Please note that some United Way branches do not participate in the Donor Option Program. If this is the case in your area, please contact the Autism Society of Greater Akron, as we may be able to find a solution.