April is National Autism Awareness Month, when we work together to shine a light on individuals and families living with autism. That light is more important than ever, as COVID-19 has placed unique and unprecedented challenges on individuals and families far beyond what is typically being experienced in our state and country.
- Your story with us! How your family is making the best of COVID-19!
- Share your photos with us as you participate in National Autism Awareness Month!
- Take a photo of someone you love and/or support with autism and post it @GreaterAkron on Facebook or @ASGreaterAkron on Twitter. Make sure to use the hashtag #AutismStrong and make the hand heart sign!
- Draw a heart on a neighbor’s driveway and sign it in honor of your individual with autism.
- Print this picture and or Download this coloring page for the kids to color and put it on your front door or window to raise autism awareness.
- Create a card or color a picture for Operation Cheer to send words of encouragement to adults with disabilities who can’t leave their homes!
- Join ASGA’s Coffee, Tea and Autism closed Facebook support group
- Take a Break on ASGA! Learn more HERE.
- Enjoy “Yoga with Nicole” on Mondays at 3pm and Thursdays at 7pm. Find the next class HERE.
Now, more than ever, the Autism Society of Greater Akron (ASGA) needs assistance to continue to provide immediate support to families in this time of need. Your gift TODAY will provide much needed services to those impacted by the spread of COVID-19.