Join Team ASGA!
LEGO Club Facilitator
The Autism Society of Greater Akron is pleased to offer a virtual LEGO Club for children ages 7-12 who are on the autism spectrum. The Club is designed to offer one hour of building fun where participants engage with each other and practice social skills, such as the give-and-take of conversation, taking turns, showing interest in another participant’s efforts, and respecting the variety of abilities in the group.
The facilitator will work with and report to ASGA’s Support Specialist. The facilitator will be trained and provided broad guidelines for the group, but should know how to develop and structure the group to meet a variety of needs.
This a paid position.
Each session is 6 weeks long with one meeting/week on Saturday mornings for 1 hour.
The Ideal Candidate Must:
- Be a college student or working professional in the fields of special education or speech/language pathology
- Have experience working with children who are living with developmental disabilities
- Be creative, positive, patient, adaptable and friendly
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be able to build comradery among the group’s participants
- Create an atmosphere of fun while simultaneously developing social skills during the meetings
- Collaborate with parents, when needed
- Be familiar with Zoom virtual platform.
How to Apply
Complete the form below and attach a resume, if available.