Join Team ASGA!
The Autism Society of Greater Akron (ASGA) is one of the leading nonprofit health and humanitarian organizations in northeast Ohio that serves individuals with Autism and other disabilities, their families, and the communities that support them.
ASGA has an annual operating budget of more than $500,000 and six employees. More than 300 volunteers carry out ASGA’s mission of creating connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully.
Position Title: Development and Communications Intern
Hours: Minimum of 20 hrs/week
Reports to: Director of Development
General Function Statement
The Development and Communications Intern works together with the Development Director in planning the nonprofit’s communication and fundraising opportunities. Position includes logistics coordination, writing copy for social media and e-blasts, and event day support. ASGA serves a wide variety of audiences and requires a versatile, self-starting individual.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Executes creative and effective outreach campaigns surrounding the organization’s signature fundraising events.
- Helps with logistic of events, including managing tasks such as entertainment, food, venue support, etc.
- Develops engaging and purposeful content for the organization’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube accounts.
- Utilizes graphic design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite to develop various impactful print and digital marketing materials.
- Support planning and implementation of special events as needed, including signature fundraisers.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications tactics using data and analytics.
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed.
- Assist team members with other projects and initiatives as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Enrolled in local college seeking degree in communications, marketing, journalism or public relations (preferred).
- Computer skills that include Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, website content management (Joomla experience preferred but not required), email marketing and social media content management.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage timelines and projects effectively.
- Comfort working within a small team, and being a self-starter on department projects.
- Ability to work as a cohesive and flexible team member.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application and resume to ASGA via email HERE.
ASGA is an equal opportunity employer.