Improving the lives of all affected by autism.
The Autism Society is the leading voice and resource of the entire autism community in education, advocacy, services, research and support. We are committed to meaningful participation and self-determination in all aspects of life for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families. The Autism Society accomplishes its ongoing mission through close collaboration with a successful network of affiliates, members and supporters.
Autism Society Mission Areas
- Proactively informing, influencing, guiding and developing public policy at the federal, state and local levels in collaboration with the greater disability community
- Advocating for multidisciplinary approaches to autism research
- Advocating for inclusion, participation and self-determination in all aspects of life for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families
- Providing accessible and relevant information that supports stakeholder ability to make informed choices
- Maintaining an authoritative body of autism information and knowledge
- Supporting proactive community outreach and education
- Encouraging and fostering a strong grassroots network that is an integral part of a larger community
- Creating local connections
- Building capacity within local communities for service delivery to individuals and their families
- Translating research results into applied practice in everyday lives
- Identifying and promoting research that will improve the lives of people on the autism spectrum and their families