In 2020, ASGA’s mission was more critical than ever as we served one of the most vulnerable populations in our community – individuals with autism and their families – at a time when we couldn’t physically come together. Like all Ohio families, this was tough.
The Autism Society of Greater Akron’s Board of Directors and staff worked hard to re-prioritize our budget and programs to respond to the many requests we received for help and support that met people’s needs today. Our goals did not change, we just delivered them a little differently.
Here is how ASGA made a difference in 2020:
- Served 10,000 individuals and families living with autism
- Gave $12,000 in food/supplies gift cards and respite
- Supported over 400 individuals through the Help Line, Support Groups and closed Facebook group
- Provided educational information and support to 450 people with our webinars
- Provided almost 200 Activity Boxes to keep families engaged with fun during this time of isolation
- Connected 19 young adults with ASD with a bi-monthly Social Club
- Bought 78 residents living in group homes holiday gifts using our #GivingTuesday funds
- AND, ASGA was named the 2020 Affiliate of the Year by the Autism Society of America!
We will continue to create top-shelf programs in 2021! Make sure to check our calendar, sign up for our newsletter, and join us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to receive weekly updates on our upcoming programs and events!
Let’s continue to create a #SpectrumOfOpportunity in 2021!
Laurie and the ASGA Team